Browse By

New mixed-use project for Flushing, Queens in the works by SkyView Parc developers

The developer that brought us SkyView Parc has plans for another mixed-use building based in Flushing, Queens. According to reports, a team stemming from Onex Real Estate Partners has plans to establish a new tower, addressed at 144-74 Northern Boulevard. This building will introduce 100 residential units to the neighborhoods and the corresponding permits have already been filed with the city Department of Buildings.

The same reports state that the tower will have seven stories and will be designed by Ismael Leyva Architects. Overall, the project will span 106,000 square feet. As we mentioned, the project will be designated mixed-use, so 69k square feet will be destined to the residential area, while 20k square feet will be used as commercial space. The remaining 17k square feet will be turned into a community area.

The ground lease for the project was acquired by Onex back in November. The seller was developer Oz Levi, who had also planned to turn the site into a mixed-use development. Levi’s project included 120 residential units and 500k sf of retail and community space.

However, the tower will only have 100 residential units, according to current plans. 70% of the apartments will be market-rate and the remaining 30% will be designated as affordable. Nowadays, there is a Burger King restaurant on the site. Onex has high hopes to finish the project within 18 months. [The Real Deal]